Access to and use of this website are strictly personal. Data and information of this website may not be used for your own commercial, political or advertising purposes, as well as for any commercial offers.
All components used on this website are protected by the laws on intellectual property. Any reproduction, repetition, use or modification, by any means whatsoever, without the prior written and explicit permission of The Online Portrait Gallery, is strictly prohibited. The fact that The Online Portrait Gallery may not take immediate action against any infringement, cannot be considered as a tacit consent, nor of a waiver of any right to prosecute the infringing party.
For the purpose of proper management of this website, The Online Portrait Gallery may at any time:
- Suspend, interrupt, reduce of decline the access to the website for a particular category of visitors; and / or
- Delete all information that may disrupt the functioning of the website or conflicts with national or international laws or may be deemed unethical; and / or
- Make the website temporarily unavailable in order to perform updates; and / or
- Disable the use of the website in its entirety.
When you visit our website, The Online Portrait Gallery may collect the following data:
- Products viewed by you: we use this information for example to show your recently viewed products;
- Location, IP-address and browser type: we use this information to calculate tax fees and shipping costs, as well as optimise our website;
- Billing address: we ask you to provide this information, so we can send you an invoice;
- Shipping address: we ask you to provide this information, so that we can – among others – calculate the shipping costs before you place your order and ship your order to you.
When you purchase something at The Online Portrait Gallery, we ask you to provide information, such as your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number, credit card and/or payment details and optional account details such as your username and password. The Online Portrait Gallery uses this information for the following purposes:
- To send information regarding your account and/or your order;
- To reply to questions and complaints;
- To process payments and prevent fraud;
- To set up your account;
- To comply with legal requirements, such as to calculate taxes;
- To improve our shop;
- To sent you marketing propositions, if you apply for this.
When you open an account at The Online Portrait Gallery, your name, address, email address and telephone number will be remembered for future orders.
In general, The Online Portrait Gallery saves your data as long as we need it for the purpose for which we collected it in the first place and for which we use your data. In some cases, we are not legally obliged to save your data. In other cases, there is a legal period for which we are obliged to save your data. This includes for example your order data with regard to fiscal and other administrative requirements. This includes your name, email address, shipping address and billing address, as well as payment information.
In case you use one of the forms on this website to contact us, we use the data you provide to be able to reply to you.
The Online Portrait Gallery has access to the information you provided to us, for example:
- Order information such as the ordered products, the order date and the billing address;
- Customer information such as your name, email address, and shipping and payment information.
The Online Portrait Gallery has access to this information in order to – for example – complete your order, to arrange refunds, to support you and other administrative purposes.
The Online Portrait Gallery shares data with third parties that allow us to operate our store, such as:
- DHL Express / Deutsch Post / PostNL: address details in order to ship your purchases;
- PayPal / Mollie: all information relevant in order to process payments and refunds, such as the order amount and invoice details;
- Google Analytics / Statcounter: to gain access into the use of our website and to improve the user experience.
The Online Portrait Gallery makes an effort to protect your data, for example by using multifactor authentication.
When you visit our login page, we use a temporary cookie to check whether your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and will be deleted as soon as you close your browser.
Cookies and similar techniques are used to gain insights into the use of our website, in order to be able to improve our service and our website itself.
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Only Dutch law is applicable. The court in the district where The Online Portrait Gallery has its place of business has the sole jurisdiction if any dispute may arise, save when a legal exception applies.